How to Keep Your Opt-In List Responsive

Developing a marketing list is essential for successful affiliate marketing. The more responsive your list is, the more income you’ll earn. Over the years, I’ve seen quite a few marketers slam their lists with offer after offer only to find that the income they are able to generate dwindles as their list members become ever increasingly disenchanted and opts-out or simply stops responding.

There’s a tried and true method to maintaining a highly responsive list that will be open to your offers. The secret? Give before you look to get.

Visitors will opt-in to your list because they feel there is value to what you are offering. No one opts-in because they want to get hammered with offer after offer. Instead, they are looking to you for your expertise, assistance, guidance, etc. So, the more you give to your list, the more responsive they will remain.
I typically will send something to my list for free every week. It may be as simple as a tip, a suggestion or some new tidbit I just learned in the industry. For example, after a lengthy conversation with Google Adwords support, following the unfortunate disabling of one of my sites from my campaigns, I sent my list an e-mail detailing what I learned from the conversation. I included tips on how to modify their sites so that they wouldn’t hit the roadblock I had experienced. The response I received back was phenomenal. People were so grateful for the information. This led into me promoting a Google Advertising Alternative product a few days later in response to the follow-up I received. You can imagine that my list members were open and excited to receive the product offered after the information I shared with them for free.

Whether they purchased the product or not, they still got a tremendous value from the updates I sent them about Google Adwords. It left me feeling good and my list feeling good.

There’s plenty of opportunity to send your list items for free. In my niche, internet marketing and network marketing, I find free resources all over the web that I’m able to forward on that provide great value. For instance, BannerSnack has a great PDF document that is downloadable on their website. It’s a great tutorial on the ins and outs of banner advertising and referring my list members to the PDF is of real value to them.
So, if you want to reduce the number of opt-outs, increase your open rates and increase the responsiveness of your list, be sure to give your members tremendous value, carefully choose the offers you extend to them and only make offers that will be of value. Space out your product offers. I typically space my offers out about 6 weeks or more to ensure that the list is refreshed, feeling good about what I’m sending them and that it has relevance. I also like to thoroughly investigate the product I’m offering (if it’s not my own) before making the offer so that my members will have a good experience with their purchase.

Making Money With Autoresponders - How To Build Your Opt-in List, Killer Unknown Tips, Strategies, Methods & More! Mission-Surf

No comments:

Post a Comment